Blog Post #5

 Hi and welcome back for my blog!

My early experiences with twitter have been really good to start! I've been able to follow and interact with some classmates, including some not in our section, as well as other FSU accounts. I've been able to find really interesting people to follow on twitter, and I'm learning new things from them. One interesting thing that happened to me on twitter was learning about the notification settings. I received a notification from Tallahassee PD (someone I don't follow) and it kind of freaked me out a little but now I have turned off that setting so I'm all good!

This week we also learned about the digital divide. The digital divide is the issue of students not having the technological access to information and education, especially in comparison to their peers. This usually is due to poverty or location of where they live. The digital divide makes it harder for students to succeed because they have less access to information and learning. As a teacher, the digital divide makes me want to use less technology for assignments outside of the classroom; to improve the playing field for all students. 

The last thing we learned about this week was academic software. Two academic softwares that I would like to use in my classroom in the future are Canvas and Kahoot. I prefer canvas to google classroom or schoology because of the user interface and the ability to create the different sections. I also love Kahoot as a review game for students. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #3

Blog Post #6