Blog Post #6

 Hi and welcome back to my blog!


This week in EME 2040, we started to learn about Diigo. Diigo is a tool that allows users to bookmark and save websites, and make commentary on them to remind themselves of why they bookmarked the website. I don't particularly love Diigo, because it feels like using the google bookmark tool, but with extra steps. Personally, I prefer to use the google bookmark tool and make folders so I know where I placed everything. Diigo is helpful with sharing with classmates however, and I may use that tool in the future for that purpose.


So far I've enjoyed my experience blogging. At first I did not expect to enjoy it, because I've always kind of thought of blogs as kind of childish, but I'm starting to see the value in it. These assignments, for the most part, have been pretty enjoyable, and I kind of look forward to writing my blog post every week. I do wish, however, that I had a little more room to make the blog my own (I dont really know how though).


One Web 2.0 tool that I think could be super useful in the classroom would be TikTok. Now I do know TikTok's reputation of being childish and not really educational, but I have found some educational communities on their that have really helped me broaden my horizons in terms of learning. I've found myself on the teacher side of TikTok and have learned so much about teaching and classroom management, and its really cool. For students, assignments such as making informational or funny videos could help engage students and get the assignments to meet them at their level. Here is the link to TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/en/ 

Comments

  1. Hi Ben! I agree with your thoughts on Diijo, it has unneeded steps and I also prefer to use google bookmark. Additionally, I also thought the same about blogs at first, but have now found joy in the posting to my own blog. If you continue to blog in the future I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #3

Blog Post #5