Blog Post #8

 Hi and welcome back to my blog!


Recently in EME 2040, we've been focusing on website design and design principles. So, as our major assignment, we got to create a website adhering to the CRAP design principles (Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity). To implement these design principles, I made sure that all fonts were easily readable against their backgrounds, that all fonts were used the same in the same places (an example being all titles having the same font), and I made sure all texts were an appropriate size and shape. Personally, I enjoyed the assignment because I know as a pre-service teacher I will have to make websites in the future and this helped develop my skills in that area. Here is my website: 

https://mrkellysocialstudies.weebly.com/ 

We also have been using Diigo more as a class. Personally, I am not a big fan of Diigo, but I can see how it would be useful for others. The main use for it in a professional environment in my eyes would be sharing helpful links and webpages that could be useful or of interest to other teachers. Because this tool allows groups to share pages and right descriptions of them, which in turn allows others to preview the pages before they read them. This could help preface teachers to see what content their peers are posting and view if the article is of interest to them.

Recently we've also been talking about the importance of teacher professional development and how teachers are the driving force behind technological development. One good website for teachers to keep up with the newest technological trends is https://www.fierceeducation.com/technology/technology-trends-higher-education-2023. This website focuses on the newest types of technological development and how it will effect higher education. It mentions thinks such as AI and blockchain. 


Comments

  1. Hey Ben, I really liked your website! You did a great job implementing the CRAP principles. Your font is very easy to read and you have good repetition when introducing yourself and resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ben. I found that your website is very aesthetically pleasing. I can tell that you paid much attention to contrast in using easy to read colors. I also noticed that your alignment was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ben, I really liked looking at your website! It was very easy read and very easy to find everything. You introduced yourself well and If I was a parent or student I would feel the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben! I really liked the way your website looks its just so nice on the eyes. There is no text that is hard to read and you stay consistent with the theme throughout the site. Amazing work with the contrasting colors with certain texts and the importance they hold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The website was very easy to navigate with consistent formatting. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing but I appreciate the overall look readability.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #3

Blog Post #6

Blog Post #5