Blog Post 1

 Hi, my name is Ben Kelly! I'm a freshman at FSU and I just moved to FSU from McLean Virginia. I am a pre-social science education major, and my goal is to become a history teacher in the future. Outside of school I love to study sports, read about history and spend time with friends.

Within an educational setting I have a myriad of experiences with technology. From the student side, I've used applications such as google classroom, blackboard, schoology, and canvas. From the educator side, I have used applications such as google slides, google docs, and kahoot while working with students to create engaging and student-centered activities. I view myself as fairly savvy when it comes to using technology, however I believe I have more to learn when it comes to the presentation of material through powerpoints or google slides, in particular how to make them prettier. 

When it comes to my personal learning network (or PLN), I believe I have a pretty robust set of skills and knowledge. My preference when it comes to PLNs is interaction and human focused. I love being able to hear other peoples stories and views in long form content, which is why I love learning new things off of reddit or youtube. I prefer those to other sites that I am proficient in, such as instagram or twitter. But truly, nothing beats offline communication. To form my PLN, my number 1 focus is on person to person interaction and developing real-life, face to face connection. 

Comments

  1. Hey Ben! I really liked your thoughts on your PLN and mine is similar. You made a great point to say that nothing beats offline communication and I could not agree more. We live in such a technology based world and sometimes people forget how to interact in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben! I definitely agree that I much prefer in person communication in my PLN. I have found that it is so beneficial in my experience. I love how you pointed out that youtube is a good resource for hearing people's personal experiences!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #3

Blog Post #6

Blog Post #5