Blog Post #9

Hi and welcome back to my blog!


Last week in EME 2040, we took a mid-term survey based on the quality of the class, that asked us to reflect on how well the class has gone. Personally, I've enjoyed the class a little, but it definitely could be improved. Let's start with the good. Omer has been an incredible instructor, and has made the class very enjoyable. I've also began to enjoy keeping this blog, as its been a good way to track my progress in this class. Now to the not so good. The participation portfolio has taken me wayyy too much time compared to other assignments, and I forgot the PLN existed. Other than those, this class has been pretty good.

Open educational resources (OER) are free and openly licensed educational materials that can be used for teaching, learning, and many other purposes. These resources can include lesson plans, videos, quizzes, and more. OER provides a cost-effective and flexible alternative to traditional educational resources, as they can be customized and adapted to meet the specific needs of individual learners and educators. Additionally, OER promotes open access to knowledge and helps to democratize education by providing equal access to educational resources for all. Here is a blog post that provides an overview of OER: https://www.elearninglearning.com/oer/?open-article-id=9014907&article-title=are-open-educational-resources-right-for-business-training-&blog-domain=gutenberg-technology.com&blog-title=gutenberg-technology. This blog post details the concept of OERs but also discusses how they can sometimes be generic and not the best when an educator or business needs to used them for an overly specific purpose.


Our recent large assignment was assignment 4, a powerpoint for information dissemination. This powerpoint helped me practice for being a pre-service teacher as I got to practice making and recording a lesson. I enjoyed getting to make the powerpoint, and this was probably my favorite of all the assignments in this class so far. To improve my work in the future, I would probably make it longer and go for the high-pass criteria.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #3

Blog Post #6

Blog Post #5